The following symptoms may indicate that spyware or viruses are installed on your computer:
– Endless pop-up windows keep opening up.
– You are redirected to web sites other than the one you typed into your browser.
– Unexpected toolbars, which you never seen before, appear in your web browser.
– Unexpected toolbars, which you never seen before, appear in the task tray at the bottom of your screen.
– Your browser’s home page has suddenly changed.
– The search engine your browser opens when you click “search” has been changed.
– Random Windows error messages begin to appear.
– Your computer suddenly seems very slow carrying out basic tasks (saving files, opening programs, starting up, shutting down etc.)
When you suspect your PC may be infected, seek for advice as soon as possible, as things can get worse very quickly if you don’t act on it.